The Danish Case
MatematikFessor.dk is by far the most popular digital math portal in Denmark:
- More than 75% of all schools subscribe to our portal. This equals 525,000 pupils.
- Each day approx. 80,000 pupils log on to our system, answering over 1,200,000 math questions.
- Approx. 40,000 math videos are viewed daily.
- 50% of all activity on the site is voluntary (as opposed to homework set by teachers) and due to the pupils’ own desire to improve their math skills.
- On average, a school subscribing to the portal save the equivalent of a quarter of a teacher’s annual work hours due to our autocorrection feature.
During spring 2016 we helped a Danish municipality increase the final exam score of their 275 Year 9s by 12%. This was achieved by using our math portal’s adaptive system combined with five 1hr “sprint sessions”. During the 6 week effort the average pupil answered approx. 1,000 math training questions, tailored to their individual level and ability.
MatematikFessor.dk is tailored to the abilities of each individual pupil, thereby ensuring suitably challenged and motivated pupils at all levels. The autocorrection feature saves time for the teacher, and our analysis tools make targeted learning easy.